Lesson topics include:
- Theories of learning, student motivation, and course objectives;
- Lesson plan development and testing;
- Practicing lesson preparation and presentation techniques;
- Developing and presenting short lessons to the entire class
using methods and techniques reviewed in the learning theory part
of the course;
- Participating in team critiques of all other student presentations;
- Revising lesson plan presentations to address team critiques.
Training Periods: 2 Days,
1 Week, or 2 Weeks.
The 5-day course includes
two student lecture preparations and presentations, each for 10
minutes. The 10-day course includes three student lecture preparations
and presentations for 10, 15, and 30 minutes. Our instructor videotapes
each presentation, which the entire class critiques with our instructor's